Friday, December 31, 2010

Auld Lang Syne*

Good morning friends! It's the last day of the year, can you believe it? When I look back on 2010, I can't believe all the crazy/awesome things Doug and I have experienced together!

Here's a very quick recap of the best things of 2010:
-We celebrated our one year anniversary in Hot Springs, Arkansas and I am still so very in love with the guy I married May 2, 2009!
-Doug was admitted into the business school program at Vanderbilt and I could not be more proud of him!!! Way to go!
-In April, we visited Nashville for the first time, our new home!
-I was sad to leave friends, family, and my job behind in Dallas but excited to embark on a new adventure, and starting a new job in development at Vanderbilt University! I am so grateful for this amazing job opportunity!
-Doug and I ran a hilly Tennessee half marathon in September
-Visited Chattanooga in November (loved it!) and played hostess to some wonderful friends who visited us in TN
-Spent time with family over the holidays back in TX and also in Florida! Great times!

Looking back on it, 2010 involved a lot of job and grad school applications, waiting, planning, hoping, dreaming, praying and CHANGE! It was a lot of being patient, being impatient, and being patient some more. I can't wait to see what surprises are around the corner for 2011. Here's a few things I know for certain:

I am running the Country Music Half Marathon and raising support for Big Brothers/Big Sisters. If you'd like to support this awesome cause by giving even just $5, click here:

I still blog for As you wish... DFW wedding coordinators! If you're in the DFW area and are planning your wedding, check out Shari and the other ladies, they ROCK! We have been asked to contribute posts to a Daily Candy-type site called The Feast Dallas (eek!) I am so excited to have exposure on a bigger scale! Check out the As you wish... blog at www.sharijohns.blogspot.com

I want to keep up the running and work on increasing speed and distance. I have a few specific goals in mind! Other than that, my plan is to sort of "power down" a bit and lead a simpler life. Less time in front of the tv or computer at home, and spend time reflecting and reading, cooking, creating --- I believe it's important to clear the mind and your life of unnecessary junk in order to keep the creative juices flowing! {I know that sounds vague, and I guess it's supposed to...} Sometimes I forget to build in down time so I never really sit and catch my breath. I want to focus on what's really important this year and not sweat the small stuff!

All in all, I am looking forward to what 2011 has in store!

*I had to look up "Auld Lang Syne" to see what it means, it's a scottish phrase that translates to "old long ago," or simply, "the good old days."

No comments: