Thursday, February 17, 2011
2. Because of the spring-ish weather I have walked to work twice this week. Amazing!!
3. DOWNTOWN NASHVILLE IS GETTING A CHUY'S. No need to say more.
4. Doug has been on a few exciting internship interviews lately. He flew to Atlanta for an interview with Delta (free flight benefits for BOTH of us, holla!) and he's been interviewing with the U.S. Environmental Defense Fund for summer opportunities.
4. I started my own business.
5. Number four still surprises me! But yes, I am now working as a stylist for Stella & Dot. (Which, if you haven't heard of them before, is the most fabulous jewelry EVER!) I hosted my business launch party last night and it was FABULOUS! I had the support of good friends here in Nashville to introduce and launch my business. If you ever need a piece of jewelry for an event or need a great gift for a friend or your mom... I'd love to help you! In fact, for the rest of February, if you comment on this blog what you want to order I'll give you 10% off your entire purchase! www.stelladot.com/stephaniemidkiff
6. I ran a half marathon on Saturday and beat my current fastest time.
7. I still get excited about Stella & Dot. I am the epitome of girly girl!! I'd be lying if I didn't have Doug take my picture in front of my display the morning of my launch...
Monday, February 14, 2011
Lastly, to my wonderfully amazing husband, I love you! I can't imagine life without you and I am so blessed to call you mine.
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Sophie invited me to the annual Chinese New Year's Celebration which was last night on campus. It was awesome! They had an amazing dinner of Chinese food and while we ate they broadcast the New Year's Show, sort of like Rockin New Year's Eve here in NYC. I learned this is the Year of the Rabbit, which is what Doug's mom has called him since he was tiny. (He had more energy than the energizer bunny, still does!) So ... it's the year of Doug. :) Anyway, after dinner came the performances, singers, student films, tiny kiddos doing cultural dances, ballerinas with swords, it was all very entertaining! I have learned tons about the Chinese/Asian culture and have made a new friend too. :)
Doug and I at the New Year's Celebration
Sophie and some of her friends (terrible picture quality, I know!)
The tiny dancers. What could be cuter than little girls dressed as bunny rabbits?
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
We didn't take any pictures so I am posting this one - this was us having breakfast the morning of the day I got engaged! Anywho, then I stayed with my brother one night and the next morning I got up super early and went for a run down Greenville Avenue. I laughed to myself counting the number of amazing Tex Mex restaurants I ran by in just a 5 mile span... there was a lot. Good Tex Mex is hard to find in Nashville for obvious reasons! Randy and I met up with his girlfriend Janice for breakfast at Cafe Brazil (one of my personal favorite breakfast spots). She is super sweet and it was great meeting her!
Then I hopped back on a Southwest plane this time headed to Midland. I was greeted at the airport by my parents (fresh off their own plane from Hawaii) with a orchid lei straight from Maui. These things seriously smell amazing. The first thing we did when I got in the car was drive straight to Rosa's Cafe (West Texas peeps, you know what I'm talking about! It's the BEST Mexican food!)
It was good being home, which consisted of a lot of good home cooked food, waaay overdue mani/pedis, watching lots of Iron Chef, wine, and playing with Duke, our tiny little chihuahua! Saturday night one of my dearest friends from high school had an couples shower. It was like a mini high school reunion all in itself. I was actually quite suprised at just how many people in our class have moved back to Midland. Anwyay, it was a blast to see everyone and I could not be more thrilled for Amy and Ryan to get married, they've met and started dating junior year of high school! Their wedding will be in San Antonio in March and I'm super excited for another upcoming mini vacay in Texas. I didn't take many pics at the party because there was a photographer snapping tons of shots everywhere, but I did snag Amy for a photo!
Monday was a little bit of shopping, a dentist appt (courtsey of dear old dad) and lunch with my mom. Then I headed back east - had my plane been ANY later I would have been grounded due to all the crazy weather the nation's been facing. Luckily, my flights were perfectly fine and I even was on the same plane as Ben Stein!! (I resisted making any jokes about winning his money. Although I seriously had to bite my tongue.)
All in all the weekend gets two thumbs up!!