Thursday, July 29, 2010

Last few Dallas days + Current status update

Hello blog friends! I am sitting here at Fido, a hipster coffee shop in Nashville. Seriously, majorly hippie and I am loving the vibe. We don't have internet set up yet at our apartment so Doug and I parked here for the afternoon, catching up on things. Email sure piles up in 2-3 days!

Okay, I am going to breeze through the rest of the Last Few Dallas Days then I can move on to new topics! So here you go, presented in the same brief whirlwind fashion in which it was first experienced:

Wednesday

Lunch with my old roomie, Amy B! Love her. Love her heart.

Laughed my way through a coffee date with Ashley K--

And a dinner date with Tristen -- back in 2005 we laughed our way through a summer as roommates in Spain!

Thursday
I had lunch with a bunch of work friends! Our favorite Chinese restaurant with our favorite waiter with my favorite lunch buddies.





Thursday night Doug and I went with our friends Shanks and Rachael to a Ranger's game against the Angels. They killed - the Rangers are in first right now. Seriously, what the heck? The Rangers are never good. So that was pretty cool! Anyway, we took pictures and I think a few made their way to facebook, but I feel to lazy right now to transfer them here. That's right! I said it! I'm lazy!!! We had fun though, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Friday
Another fun lunch at Breadwinners, a personal favorite, and saying goodbyes! All week we had several friends stop by and bring us wine, home-made jelly, Twilight t-shirts, you name it!

Moral of this entire story: saying goodbye was tough because of the relationships we've built over the years. It was such a blessing to get together with so many friends all week and such a cool thing to have them cheer us on in this next step!! So thank you everyone for your love, encouragement, friendship and sweet words to us! We've made it to Nashville (with only a few minor snags) so stay tuned!!

No comments: