Monday, June 7, 2010

Update

Okay, I know I've been negligent in my posting, and I know you don't really care are holding your breath waiting to hear what I've been up to lately!

First, an update on the butter rum pound cake I told you about here. On Doug's birthday right before serving the cake I whipped up the bananas foster sauce and had a blast torching it right before serving. It turned out fabulously so I really recommend you try it sometime! I mean, if it weren't for Doug's birthday I could have let myself eat the whole thing. But that's not socially acceptable nor is it healthy! Anyways.


Doug had a fabulous birthday - he got a netbook (teeny tiny laptop) he had been eyeing for a long time. It will be great for him to tote to and from classes at Vandy and is really light and easy to carry.


That weekend we headed to Austin so I could go to my friend Lisa's bachelorette party, and Doug and I squeezed in some hang out time: lunch on the lake and then swimming at the freezing Barton Springs pool in Austin. I seriously love the hippy weird-ness that is Austin and will miss that when we move!


Lunch at Abel's on the Lake -- Lake Travis

They called this South Padre Tea- I called it delicious


Lisa -- who's getting married July 30!


Barton Springs, the water is 68 degrees and it feels like it's about 32.



Keep Austin Weird!

No comments: