Friday, June 25, 2010

A Few Favorites

If I haven't mentioned before, Dallas is excrutiatingly HOT right now! Last week, our A/C went out and we spent 2 nights sleeping downstairs where it's cooler before they came to fix it. Things were calm and cool again in the Midkiff household, that is, until our A/C broke again! They are coming Saturday to work their magic (hopefully!) In the meantime, when I've been getting ready in the morning I've been blasting a small table fan on high in the bathroom. Then I started thinking about how I love and appreciate several beauty products that I use all the time!!

What I'm sharing with you is my "beauty hit list" so to speak. And they're all inexpensive, so have fun shopping!

Working from head to toe:

This is a hair product made by Aveda called Phomollient. It's a liquid that comes out as a foam. I put it on my hair wet, and it adds tons of volume. Don't judge my hair by recent pictures, this product really is a miracle worker! And all Aveda products smell wonderful, so clean and fresh.


Bare Minerals powder: for years I wore a liquid foundation by Clinique and was skeptical when I heard about how great Bare Minerals was supposed to be. I mean, it's a powder right? All my experiences with powder = chalky and powdery white. Well, I went to Sephora and got a 2 week sample and 2 years later I still love it! The powder has an SPF 15 and it actually has great coverage that's natural (go figure, it sounds like an oxymoron) and it's not chalky at all. Beauty must have. I'm sure I am preaching to the choir on this one.


Origins eye shadow in Gold Dust. This color is a necessity, and no matter what eyeshadow I wear that day, I put this color on first. It looks great alone, and plays well with others, so to speak!


I stumbled upon this lip gloss about 5 years ago at Bath & Body Works in a bin by the checkout counter. I still wear it to this day! It's called "Liplicious" and the flavor is grapefruit. It tastes as good as it looks, and it's a great pink color. (This picture is a little darker than in reality.) I am addicted!
Another Bath & Body Works product: this is Tutti Dolci shower gel in Creme Brulee. Basically, tutti dolci is Italian for dessert, and I am not lying when I say this smells JUST like creme brulee. Who doesn't want to get squeaky clean and enjoy a calorie-free creme brulee at the same time?! It makes our bathroom smell great!


Lastly, my most imporant "beauty secret" is a committment to eating organic fruits and veggies - the more colorful your diet, the better! I am convinced pairing this with a fitness plan is the best thing you can do health-wise!

Hope you stay cool this weekend! I have a long to-do list this weekend that involves a Champions of Hope Happy Hour, a trip to Ikea, working on a freelance project, and packing!

No comments: