Monday, June 7, 2010

Bucket List

There are a couple of things Doug and I want to do before we leave Dallas - most of them involving different restaurants we need to hit up before we go. My top "must eat again" restaurant is Lumi Kitchen -- if you're in the McKinney/Uptown Dallas area run don't walk to Lumi Kitchen. Your tastebuds will be glad you did.

One of the other things we had on our "must-do" list was to visit the Sixth Floor Museum. This is the place memorializing where JFK was parading through Dallas, and ultimately shot and killed. Neither of us had ever been, and it would be a shame to leave Dallas without having ever visited the spot. So I printed out online coupons from the trusty Dallas Visitor's Guide and off we went.

They don't let you take pictures inside the museum, but here's a few shots around the outside of the museum. I was struck by many things, but one thing that I could not get over was how dignified, respectful and classy Jackie was. You could pluck her out of those photos from the 60's and put her in society today and she would totally fit right in, style-wise. I am sure she was a fabulous lady.


Anyway, a few pics:


The Dallas Newspaper's headline behind me reads, "Mourning Nation Bids Chief Farewell"


Infamous grassy knoll!

No comments: