Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Quick Weekend Recap/

This should be more accurately titled, "a smattering of my thoughts in no particular order."

I am currently consumed (only slightly) with jealousy because Doug hopped a flight today back to Austin. He and a team from the biz school are competing in a real estate competition hosted at UT. (University of Texas, not Tennessee.) He called and said he introduced his buddies to Hula Hut for lunch today (yum). So I am a single gal for a few days. Why yes, I am currently watching coverage of William and Kate. :)

To recap the past few days: my long weekend staycation was soo needed! It was great to be with my girls. We hit up many of the tourist-y things Nashville has to offer: Pancake Pantry, Belle Meade Plantation, took line dancing lessons at the Wildhorse Saloon, laughed at the wanna-be stars doing karaoke downtown, shopped in Franklin, saw Morning Glory, and went to the Gaylord Opryland the day it re-opened after the floods. It was fabulous, every last second. I am a terrible blogger because I literally took 3 pictures the entire weekend. One of the gals Rach is a professional photographer so I will post hers when I get them back! We took about a zillion photos.

In the meantime as soon as the girlies left town it's like Nashville decided it was winter. I am so glad I bought those rain boots because they have come in handy this week. Doug surprised me for my birthday with the London Fog cheetah rain coat that I had been eyeing. There is nothing that makes gray cold days more bearable than fabulous winter accessories.


Since my family is traveling for Christmas (nothing says Merry Christmas like Mickey and Minnie at Disney World) we are going minimalist on the presents this year. I was browsing for different things to add to my wish list. I've been looking for several months now for the perfect faux fur vest and lo and behold today I found it!

Don't get too attached, Gap made this vest for babies and this adorable dress that would be perfect for New Year's was made for girls! Boo, Gap. The search continues...


While it's cold out in case you were already thinking ahead to spring, the color gurus at Pantone released their hottest shades for 2011 during New York's fashion week. Here they are in their glory:
Love them all. Happy evening everyone!

No comments: