Friday, May 21, 2010

Rite of Passage

Last weekend as I was standing in the check out line at Kroger, my eye caught this title: Southern Living Desserts. The word 'dessert' almost always catches my eye, but that's neither here nor there. Anyway, I thumbed through nonchalantly until I found 2 recipes that every southern woman should have: Texas Sheet Cake, and Coca-Cola Cake. It's like an invisible rite of passage or something. Once I saw those recipes, I had to buy it. I am not admittedly much of a cake-baker because after one piece I'm good, I really don't need to eat an entire cake. And in general Doug doesn't really like dessert, and in particular he won't eat chocolate. (Who doesen't like chocolate?!)

It seems like any picnic, pot-luck or even at work, Texas Sheet Cake is like the golden egg of desserts. Whoever makes this cake and brings it is like a saint among sinners. So...I am hoping to join the ranks of saints as I make it this weekend for our youth group. And if there's any left over, I hope that my co-workers Monday morning will also bestow sainthood onto my head.



{we heart it}

1 comment:

leapoffaith said...

Love the blog! Very cute! Looking forward to the cake on Monday! YUMM!